HOW TO BECOME A MUSIC PRODUCER
If your ultimate career goal is to become a music producer, don’t let the opportunity pass you by. You can use your passion and talent for music to set trends in the music production industry like Timberland, The Neptunes, and other famous music producers have before you. And, we’re here to help you learn how to become a music producer in today’s competitive industry.
KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE AND INSTRUMENTS
Successful music producers know how to use the tools of their trade. In many cases, having skills on various musical instruments and music production softwares can boost your career even further than you can imagine.
The three vital tools for a music producer to know well include:
- Logic Studio Pro – Logic Pro is a music production and recording software by Apple. It has everything you need to write, produce, and record professional music.
- Pro Tools – Pro Tools is a music production and recording software by Avid. It is considered an industry standard in recording, producing, and creating professional music.
- Keyboard and/or Piano – These are the basic tools needed to tinker out music chords, phrases and melodies. They are generally the foundation behind many music producer masterpieces.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING IN THE AUDIO ENGINEERING AND MUSIC PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
With the right training, you can earn the education and skills needed to become a music producer. To gain entry level employment in the Audio Engineering and Music Production Industry, this is the professional training you’ll need:
- Basic Audio Skills – This is simply the fundamentals of sound, and how it’s processed in digital and analog domains. You’ll learn how to creatively manipulate audio, MAC skills, Avid Pro Tools mixing and editing (industry-standard audio software), navigating multi-track sessions through DAW and critical listening skills.
- Fundamentals of Recording – Gain hands-on experience with recording, mixing, editing, patch bays, signal flow, voice-over recording and radio commercial production. Learn skills used by successful music producers, including the art of teamwork and trading roles like those of mixing engineers, assistant engineers and tracking engineers.
- Audio Post & Advanced Audio – Control surfaces, such as DAW functions, recording ADR, field recording sound effects and audio posts for various types of film scenes are explored. The right school will teach you how to create realistic atmospheres and soundscapes for post-production video games, TV and film. By the end of the course, you should know how to create stereo mix, 5.1 surround sound, work with acoustics and mastering inside DAW and create a virtual recording studio.
LEARN HOW TO BECOME A MUSIC PRODUCER WITH US!
A quality education from a good audio engineering and music production school like F.I.R.S.T. Institute, one of the best colleges for music production in Florida, can teach you the skills you need to secure an audio engineering job. There you’ll learn what you need to get your new audio production career off the ground, you’ll even learn your way around a studio and how to make your own music.
You won’t get our quality, hands on learning experience with passionate audio industry professionals anywhere else! Check out the Audio Engineering and Music Production program at the F.I.R.S.T. Institute audio production school today. You’re only months away from your dream career!