If you’re a graphic designer, you best believe your potential clients are using social media. How do you find them? How do you approach them? In this article, we’ll be discussing 5 social media tips for graphic designers to breakthrough to the industry. Let’s do this!
The graphic design industry is a complex world that often requires people to network and put their heads together to come up with great ideas. These ideas can pertain to anything from marketing to design structure, but it gets even more complex when you take social media into consideration. Knowing some Graphic Design Tips for your social media can do wonders for you and your clients!
5 SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR GRAPHIC DESIGNS
These social media tips are great if you are new to the world of graphic design. They can help you make a name for yourself in ways you never imagined! If you can remember to be consistent and simple, you will see results. Be patient though, you might not be an overnight sensation.
In the meantime, follow these five social media tips for graphic designers:
- You Need Contrast – Contrast is an important principle for any graphic design project. In the graphic design industry, it’s all about drawing people into you and your work. If you use strong contrast the designs featured on your social media, people will instantly be attracted to your images and their eyes will be drawn to your page. Using this contrast on social media helps to build your online brand and attract viewers.
- Be Typeface (aka Font) Consistent – Try to get a consistent typeface to go with everything that you post. When you use a familiar typeface, it will help build your brand design for your customers. Besides being consistent, it will also make you look more professional and make your social media pages appear more professional as well.
- Brand Personality – Come up with a great color scheme and logo design for your work! The colors you use are going to depend on whether your company is fun and playful, or serious and professional. Pick a color scheme and stick with it. If you are looking for social media tips that involve consistency, this is definitely one of them.
- Image Design – This is another tip to help make the appearance of your social media pages more professional. Try to avoid using images with no frames. When people come to your social network page and see frames or grids, it makes your work look more professional. All in all, this means the people viewing your social media site will have more confidence in you.
- Simplicity is the Key – Some graphic designers go out of their way to make large and complex social network pages. That is not how you get customers to watch and follow your social media pages! The key is to keep it simple. When you are working with a simple design structure, it makes it so that you can edit easier and gives your customers a clear view of your design vision.
THE KEY TO SUCCESS
If you are both patient and persistent, anything is possible in the world of graphic design. Consider attending a one of the leading online graphic design schools to learn even more. It will bring that extra bit of professionalism to your designs and social media pages!
LEARN FROM AN ACCREDITED WEB AND GRAPHIC DESIGN SCHOOL!
Interested in starting or expanding a career in graphic design? There are graphic design schools that teach you all about the industry. In design programs, you can learn graphic design and design industry trends to ready you for this exciting field.
From a faculty made up of experienced industry professionals to a broad spectrum of courses and a dedicated Career Development department, F.I.R.S.T. Institute does all we can to ensure that our students receive the best possible educational opportunities. Learn from the accredited Web and Graphic Design school at F.I.R.S.T. Institute and jump start a career in graphic design today!