Important Information Regarding Current, Incoming, Prospective Students & Parents:
F.I.R.S.T. Institute is closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on the community. The institution is constantly on the lookout for updates from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) as well as the Florida Department of Education.
The F.I.R.S.T. Steps Back to Campus, Updated July 2020
We are happy to know that everyone has been at home safe during the initial outbreak of Coronavirus, but we are excited to take the first steps for our students to be back on campus.
We know that all of you have been eager to get your hands on some gear and get back on campus, and we want to be sure you continue to stay safe in this process. For the coming future, we will continue to conduct our classes on campus in the safest way possible.
If you have been showing any symptoms please stay home. We are excited to continue the transition back to campus and want you to know we are here for you! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Program Director. You can also reach the Student Success Coordinator, Ely Rivera, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 316-8310 ext. 1115.
We want everyone to feel safe as they enter our doors. F.I.R.S.T. Institute is taking extra precautions to keep our campus safe for all students, staff, and guests:
- Upon entry, every student is required to pass a temperature check and sanitize before entering the campus.
- We have hand sanitizer stations across campus to be used throughout the day.
- Reusable masks will be provided to students for the safety of you and those around you. All instructors, students, and guests are required to wear a facial covering on campus at all times.
- Our classes are being dismissed at staggering times using a single traffic pattern to limit interactions between people.
- Our facilities, workstations, and equipment will be cleaned in between time slots, as well as at the beginning and end of the day
- Our campus is cleaned every night by a cleaning crew.
- Student IDs are mandatory to come on campus.
- Once inside a lab or studio you are asked to remain there until your time is up, unless you have a hall pass issued by an instructor.
- When lab or studio time is up you will be asked to leave by a faculty member coordinating exit traffic.
- All students are required to follow our safety procedures on campus.
COVID-19 Prevention Tips
1. Wash your hands often. Whether you’re using soap and water, or hand sanitizer stations that we have around campus, be sure to clean your hands frequently.
2. Avoid touching your face. Even though you are cleaning your hands more often, keep your hands away from your face to stop the spread of Corona Virus.
3. If you feel sick, don’t ignore it. Many of us feel as though we can “tough it out” when we start to feel sick. Just to be safe, go consult your doctor if you begin to feel ill so you can nip any sickness in the bud.
4. Hang out in small groups. It is a good idea to avoid medium- to large-sized gatherings while the COVID-19 outbreak is still rapidly spreading. Even be cautious when going to restaurants or grocery stores as germs can be anywhere.
5. Refrain from traveling. Whether you’re wanting to go visit grandma or take a spring break trip with friends, wait until it is safe to do so! Traveling significantly increases your chances of coming in contact with germs.
Graduations & Other Events
Our next campus Open Houses will take place on September 12, 2020. Please reach out to your Admissions Representative for more information. Our graduations have been moved to a virtual setting, please check the School Calendar for dates and updates.
General Information on COVID-19
- For more information on the virus itself, visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html