Welcome to F.I.R.S.T. Institute online! For those of you who have been accepted into the program of your choice, congratulations! We are so excited to begin our journey together as we help launch your career in the digital media industry.
Please wait until your Admissions Representative has reached out to you with instructions on completing orientation before you begin. If you complete orientation before Admissions contacts you, you will be asked to submit it again so we ask that you please wait.
Keep in mind that all of the following items must be completed by 6pm on the Wednesday before your class starts. Remember, this is mandatory. If you are having trouble accessing your accounts or understanding Canvas and Microsoft Office365, please feel free to reach out to us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Note: Canvas and Microsoft Office365 may look different if accessed from a mobile device.
Watch the New Student Orientation video below.
Please fill out the form below to upload a photo of yourself for our academic records.
Read over the Orientation packet and save a copy for yourself. Then, fill out and electronically sign the following documents. These documents will be electronically submitted to the school once you’ve completed them.
Set up your F.I.R.S.T. Institute Office 365 account and password.
Download and install Microsoft Teams on your mobile device and desktop. Your login to use Teams will be your school email and password.
We are going to set up your Canvas account!
- — Please go to the link: https://first.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- — Click on “Create Password/Forgot Password”.
- — Enter your school email.
- — Click “Request Password”.
- — Your password instructions will be sent to your school email. Please reopen your school email account and check your Inbox. If you are having trouble finding the email, check both your Focused and Other inboxes as well as your Junk Mail.
- — Click the text in the email that says “Click Here to Set a New Password”.
- — When you are redirected, choose a password for your Canvas login.
- — From now on, to log in to Canvas, your username is your school email and the password you just chose.
Watch this video to understand basic Canvas navigation. You will want to ensure you can login successfully at least once before your first day of class. Please go to https://first.instructure.com/login/canvas to log into Canvas!
*NOTE: You may not see a course in Canvas until your first day of class. You might also see courses that you are unable to interact with until your first day of class.
Step 8: Your First Day
Please log in to your Teams lecture 15 minutes early on your first day to check in with your instructor.
If you are having trouble accessing your accounts or understanding Canvas and Microsoft Office365, please feel free to reach out to us for help at email@example.com.