The Florida Institute of Recording, Sound, and Technology is looking for a driven and ambitious Career Advisor to join our Career Development department. We are seeking qualified individuals that have previous experience in a role of Career Development at a school or university.
We are a digital media school that focuses on preparing students for an entry-level position in their career path, and assisting them after graduation with following up to ensure that they are succeeding in their career path of choice.
The ideal candidate for this job would be:
- Punctual, Organized and able to have a flexible schedule, especially evenings
- Understand accreditation on a state and national level
- Be able to handle multiple responsibilities concerning Career Development
- Be personable and able to connect with students
- Great with paperwork, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive in creating new methods and suggesting ideas for improvement
- An understanding and passion for the Audio, Video, and Digital Media industries
- Reporting to the Director of Career Development
- Connecting with students on a professional and career-driven level
- Building rapport and relationships with students through 1-on-1 meetings
- Teaching Career Development Course to evening classes (5-10pm)
- Assisting students with resume, interviewing, and securing internships
- Assisting students with locating and pursuing job leads of their career
- Preparing students for Graduation and attending Graduation Ceremony
- Following up with students after Graduation to track employment status
- Contacting students and Graduates via phone, email, social media, and mail
- Completing accreditation requirements by verifying student employment
- Locating jobs and internships and posting to job board and social media
- Maintaining an Alumni network and social media pages
- Staying current in the Audio, Video, and Digital Media Industries
- Scheduling of Guest Speakers, Student Appreciation Events, and Spotlights
- Building rapport with Industry Employers and Local Organizations
- Assisting Director with Newsletter, Meetings, and Networking Events
- High School Diploma, with at least 2 years of experience with Career Development at a school or university.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]. Competitive pay based on experience. Part-Time Evening position (5pm-10pm)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and support diversity in the workplace.