A front end website developer has one of the most dynamic roles in the design industry and has a huge visual impact on today’s World Wide Web. These savvy professionals keep up with web design and web coding trends in order to keep the user experience innovative and exciting. This Web Development School breakdown will give you all the information you need to understand the importance of this web development career!
THE JOB OF A FRONT END WEBSITE DEVELOPER
Understanding the role of a front end developer requires understanding the players in the web development industry and the overall process involved in developing a dynamic website. This process requires the visual skills of a website designer and the coding skills of a back end website developer and it’s all fused together by the talents of a front end web developer.
Ultimately, front end web development exists to make websites awesome. This requires using a savvy combination of communication, technical and creative skills. All of the raw content created by protocols, data and code put together by back end developers is packaged together with the beauty created by front end web designers for a clean, user-friendly website.
DAILY TASKS OF FRONT END DEVELOPERS
These are just some of the tasks you’ll perform each day while working on a front end web developer job:
- Interprets the vision of the web designer, including typography, headings, page integration and color schemes, into workable code.
- Collaborates with managers, clients, web designers, graphic designers, content creators and back end web developers.
- Optimizes websites for accessibility, usability and search engine rankings.
- Combines the works of back end web developers with web and graphic designers, building code for each component to create dynamic websites.
- Researches coding and web design industry trends to keep websites innovative, engaging and cutting edge.
- Fixes websites to ensure they work the way intended.
- Tests the look and functionality of sites using multiple platforms and browsers.
SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME A FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
These are some of the technical skills you’ll need in order to become a professional front end developer:
- Image Editing Software
- Workflow Management Tools
- Client-Side Frameworks
PERSONAL QUALITIES NEEDED FOR FRONT END WEB DEVELOPMENT
You’ll need the following qualities in order to succeed in the web design industry on the front end side:
- Concentration – Will need to concentrate heavily on hard-to-solve problems
- Creativity – Needs to be able to tweak the site to meet the vision of the web and/or graphic designer
- Research – Must keep up with new design industry techniques and coding languages
- Customer Service – Have to be able to communicate and work with managers and clients
- Eye for Detail – Make sure all code works well with each other and with other site components
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A FRONT END DEVELOPER
You can teach yourself some of the skills needed to become a front end web developer. But, in order to excel in this field, you’ll need more advanced skills. The best place to learn these skills is as a student at a graphic design and web development school.
A WEB DEVELOPMENT SCHOOL TO HELP YOU SUCCEED!
One of the best ways to learn web development is by attending a local school, such as F.I.R.S.T. Institute of Florida. F.I.R.S.T. Institute’s Graphic Design and Web Development Program will set you on the right course to becoming a front end developer. From a faculty made up of experienced design industry professionals to a broad spectrum of courses and a dedicated Career Development department, we give students access to everything they need to succeed in the web development industry, both in class and on the job.
If you’d like to know more about our program, please give us a call or send us an email! Our admissions team are standing by to answer any questions you might have.