10 BENEFITS OF VIDEO PRODUCTION COLLEGES
- Networking Opportunities – The best cinematography schools create an environment for you to network with other filmmakers. Some are aspiring video producers in film school like you, others are film industry leaders who teach or visit top film schools to share their expertise.
- Potential for Success – Not every film graduate becomes famous. However, the potential to become a successful filmmaker or producer exists at the best film schools. You not only get access to valuable training, you meet people who can open film industry doors for you.
- Valuable Lifelong Relationships – From instructors and staff members to keynote speakers and expert visitors, you learn from them all. Plus, video production schools and colleges give you the chance to create long-lasting relationships that bring value to your career.
- Hands-On Experience – The best film schools go the extra mile when it comes to your filmmaking training. They ensure that you get the hands-on experience you need to prepare for a career in film production, video editing and/or digital recording.
- Powerful References – As with any professional industry schooling, video production colleges are very valuable references for your resume. Top cinematography schools provide credentials that help to put your job applications at the top of the heap.
- Narrow Down Your Niche – As a dreamer, all you know is what you dream about… being a video producer. But, students of video production colleges and video editing schools are exposed to so many different aspects of the film industry. Many filmmakers have found their specific industry niches because of this exposure.
- Pride and Confidence – When you find yourself in a room full of job applicants, there’s pride in knowing that you have the filmmaking education to impress potential employers. Video production schools help you apply with confidence.
- Prestige – The best cinematography schools have reputations for creating industry leaders who become experts in their fields. Gain access to this prestige by choosing one of the top film schools in your area.
- Career Development – Good colleges help you learn to create an impressive cover letter, resume, business cards, social media profiles and how to showcase your portfolio. You also learn how to search for jobs within the industry and network with the right people in the filmmaking world.
- Salary Potential – According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Median pay for Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators in 2012 was $22.25 per hour or $46,280 per year. The top 90% earned an average of $128,500 per year, or $61.78 per hour.
- Median pay for Producers and Directors in 2012 was $34.31 per hour or $71,350 per year. The top 90% earned an average of $187,040 or $89.92 per hour.
These salaries are generally for those with formal education!
ENROLL IN VIDEO PRODUCTION COLLEGE TODAY!
Launch a career in the Digital Filmmaking and Video Production industry by enrolling at F.I.R.S.T. Institute‘s Video Production School. Learn hands on, in real world settings, with small class sizes. Faculty at F.I.R.S.T. Institute are working film industry professionals who have a passion for mentoring the next generation of video production professionals. Contact us today for more information on how you can launch a career in the film industry and even take a video tour of the campus. Your career is just months away!